CenturyLink Phone Number
Call CenturyLink customer service faster with GetHuman
Current Wait: 46 min (43m avg)
Hours: 24 hours, 7 days; best time to call: 8:15am
Get targeted help: Tell us the issue so we get you to right rep, offer relevant tips, reminders & follow-up!
Get to a live person fastest: Appuyez sur 2 puis sur 1
If you find yourself lost or frustrated, we partner with a California-based expert help company to provide you with tech support 24/7. Enjoy a $1 one-week trial membership and get help from a live expert now. Click to learn more.
Reasons customers like you called recently
PHONE SERVIE NOT WORKING
I HAVE NO PONE SECICE
Good morning! This is Peggy with Dr. Lawrence (Larry) Brannon's office, account...
JUST WANT TO PAY MY BILL OVER THE PHONE AND KEEP GETTING "YOUR SERVICE IS INACTIVE". I...
My technician did not show up yesterday, I have a new service window today and there is...
Need too sign up for internet service on phone.
I can’t connect my phone to the Wi-Fi I need my password
Please do not send me offshore. That poor person tried to tell me that I needed my bank...
Need a new modem. Tried to call but can't sit and wait an hour or more for someone to a...
I was Double charged for my monthly service on my Auto-Pay account, this has randomly h...
In reference to: *Lawrence W Butler *Account * ***-***-****F ******My father in law Law...
I understand that @ease was stopped on Aug * Why?*I did not order it I want it back.s...
My voice mail is delivered DAYS late. I had an urgent message left on Thursday which I...
help me with my phone line issue or take it out of my house about * days ago heavy rai...
Our line has become very noisy. Very difficult to hear person on line.*Acct. ***-***-****See more recent reasons for calling
Help me with my issue
Our Editor's Notes on CenturyLink's Phone-Based Customer Care
CenturyLink is a technology company that is perhaps best known for offering consumer and business telecommunications, broadband Internet and DirectTV services. As a provider of services in 37 U.S. states, it isn't surprising that its customer service departments get a lot of calls.
Why do People Call CenturyLink Customer Support?
People call CenturyLink customer service for a range of reasons, including:
- Requesting the start of new service
- Making changes to existing services
- Canceling or transferring service
- Technical support for services or devices
- Upgrading or purchasing equipment or devices
- Questions about the proper use of services or equipment
- Scheduling technician visits
- Questions about accounting and billing issues
- Making payment plans
Best Practices for Calling CenturyLink Customer Service
To help ensure a productive conversation with CenturyLink customer service representatives, check out these tips:
- Check to make sure you are calling the correct number for the service that you are requesting. CenturyLink has different numbers for various departments, so check the website or your latest bill for what number to call.
- Have your account number, as well as any correspondence or bills related to your inquiry, in front of you. Nothing is more frustrating (for you or the representative, than finally beginning a conversation only to have to search for documents that you don't have handy.
- If you are requesting technical support for your Internet, phone or DirectTV, keep in mind that the representative will likely ask to perform remote diagnostic testing. This will be easier if you are in the same room as the device or your computer. If you are calling about broadband service from a mobile phone, and your phone is currently connected to your WiFi, switch off the WiFi.
- Keep pen and paper handy so that you can take notes during your call. This can be helpful if you need to record confirmation numbers and can be particularly useful if you need to escalate your case.
How Do People Feel About Their Calls to CenturyLink Customer Support?
Reports on CenturyLink customer service is mixed. Some customers are very pleased with the service that they've received while others have complaints. Areas of dissatisfaction often involve inconsistent information provided by customer service representatives, as well as a failure to follow-through on promises made.
Notable Media Reports
In one reported case, a long-standing customer entered into a payment arrangement with CenturyLink as a way of paying off a past due balance. Despite this agreement and an explanation that his first payment would take a few days to arrive, CenturyLink disconnected his service anyway, demanding a deposit before reconnection. Eventually, the situation was resolved, but not until the story was reported on by a local journalist.
What Kind of Issues can CenturyLink Customer Support Resolve?
Customer service representatives for CenturyLink can resolve a range of issues over the phone, including enrolling you into a new service as well as transferring, changing and canceling service.
In addition, a representative can perform some diagnostics on your service and equipment. The representative may also be able to teach you how to use your equipment and get the most out of your broadband, phone and DirectTV services.
What can't Be Resolved by Phone with CenturyLink?
If your situation can only be resolved by replacing or repairing equipment, you will need to either schedule a technician appointment or make arrangements to swap out devices at a CenturyLink location.
If you want to pay your bill in cash, you will need to visit an authorized payment center. Be sure to bring your latest CenturyLink bill with you so as to ensure that your payment is properly credited to your account.
What can I do if I am Unhappy With my Call to CenturyLink?
If your first call to CenturyLink doesn't resolve your issue, don't give up. There are still things you can do:
- If you haven't already done so, write down what happened during your call. Having this information in writing can make it easier for you to describe what happened to other CenturyLink agents.
- Call back. You may have had a bad experience with one representative, but the next person you speak to may have the training and ability to help.
- Use CenturyLink's live chat option to communicate with a representative. A variation on this is getting in touch via CenturyLink's social media accounts. Either option provides you with a transcript of your conversation, something that can be very useful if you have to pursue the matter further.
Customer Number 800-201-4099 - by the Numbers
Numéro de téléphone à composer800-201-4099
Appel intercepté par une personne réelleOUI
Département que vous appelezService Clients
Heures d'ouverture du centre d'appels24 heures, 7 jours
Meilleur moment pour composer8 h 15
Naviguer dans un labyrinthe téléphonique vers un être humainAppuyez sur 2 puis sur 1
Classement (parmi les numéros de téléphone)1
Méthodes alternativestéléphone, chat, web
Qualité de la communication75%
Qualité de l'aide76%
Votes des clients3,611
Dernière mise à jour des informationsTue Oct 19 2021 09:00:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
CenturyLink's Best Toll-Free/800 Customer Phone Number
Il s'agit du meilleur numéro de téléphone de CenturyLink, de l'attente actuelle en temps réel et des outils permettant de passer directement à travers ces lignes téléphoniques pour accéder directement à un CenturyLink agent. Ce numéro de téléphone est le meilleur numéro de téléphone de CenturyLink car 39,744 des clients comme vous ont utilisé ces coordonnées au cours des 18 derniers mois et nous ont fait part de leurs commentaires. Les problèmes courants traités par l'unité de service client qui répond aux appels au 800-201-4099 incluent Setup Service, Lower My Bill, Transfer Service, Technical Support, Cancel Service et d'autres problèmes de service client. Le CenturyLink centre d'appels auquel vous appelez a des employés de Louisiana, Idaho, Washington, Nebraska et est ouvert 24 hours, 7 days selon les clients. Au total, CenturyLink possède 5 numéros de téléphone. La meilleure façon de parler aux CenturyLink représentants n'est pas toujours claire. Nous avons donc commencé à compiler ces informations à partir des suggestions de la communauté des clients. Continuez à partager vos expériences afin que nous puissions continuer à améliorer cette ressource gratuite.
Contacting CenturyLink - by phone or otherwise
Bien que 800-201-4099 soit le meilleur numéro sans frais de CenturyLink, il existe 7 différentes façons de les contacter. Selon d'autres clients CenturyLink, la meilleure façon de parler à leur équipe d'assistance client consiste à appeler leur 888-321-4764 numéro de téléphone nouveaux clients. Outre les appels, la prochaine option préférée des clients qui recherchent de l'aide est via 888-321-4764 pour nouveaux clients. Si vous pensez que ces informations sont inexactes ou si vous connaissez d'autres moyens de contacter CenturyLink, veuillez nous en informer afin que nous puissions les partager avec d'autres clients. And you can click here if you want to compare all the contact information we've gathered for CenturyLink.
What is GetHuman's Relationship to CenturyLink?
In short, the two companies are not related. GetHuman builds free tools and shares information amongst customers of companies like CenturyLink. For large companies that includes tools such as our GetHuman Phone, which allows you to call a company but skip the part where you wait on the line listening to their call technology music. If you look at our AT&T Wireless Phone Number page, you can see an example of those free calling mechanisms and tips shared by other customers. Or take a look at the DISH Phone Number page. We've created these shortcuts and apps to try to help customers like you (and ourselves!) navigate the messy phone menus, hold times, and confusion with customer service, especially with larger companies like AT&T Wireless or DISH. And as long as you keep sharing it with your friends and loved ones, we'll keep doing it.