CenturyLink Phone Number
Calling CenturyLink customer service faster by GetHuman
Current Wait: 21 min (8m avg)
Hours: Mon-Fri 8am-1am, Sat 8am-10pm, Sun 8am-10pm EST; best time to call: 9:30am
Get targeted help: Tell us the issue so we get you to right rep, offer relevant tips, reminders & follow-up!
Get to a live person fastest: Appuyez sur 1 pour commander le service, appuyez sur 2 pour le service client
If you find yourself lost or frustrated, we partner with a California-based expert help company to provide you with tech support 24/7. Enjoy a $1 one-week trial membership and get help from a live expert now. Click to learn more.
Reasons customers like you called recently
Internet has been out for * days
I want to upgrade my existing internet (I am a current Centurylink member) and I want t...
I realized on Wednesday Feb. **th that when a reply to my e-mail was sent it was sent t...
can I have my bill automatically billed to a credit card each month?
No internet. Tried reset modem, unplug and replig
ON OUR BILL THERE IS A CHARGE FOR "Voice" WHAT IS 'VOICE''???????????**Bob carey*Phone...
Scammers are using local phone numbers that aren’t in service to call our house. I’ve r...
I don't have internet. It's been out since yesterday before the bad weather started.
My internet is so slow now when I try to search the thing times out before I get anythi...
My century link internet isn't high speed how can you fix this
someone to remotely access my computer to put in mcafee Thank you
How can I change the default wireless password on my new C****LG router that I just rec...
First thing -- our account is in my husband's name (Matt) and needs to be in my name (L...
I received my bill and have a late fee of **.**. I realize my payment was indeed late a...
Just received a disconnect notice dated Jan. **, **** today. I have authorized a...See more recent reasons for calling
Help me with my issue
Our Editor's Notes on CenturyLink's Phone-Based Customer Care
CenturyLink is a technology company that is perhaps best known for offering consumer and business telecommunications, broadband Internet and DirectTV services. As a provider of services in 37 U.S. states, it isn't surprising that its customer service departments get a lot of calls.
Why do People Call CenturyLink Customer Support?
People call CenturyLink customer service for a range of reasons, including:
- Requesting the start of new service
- Making changes to existing services
- Canceling or transferring service
- Technical support for services or devices
- Upgrading or purchasing equipment or devices
- Questions about the proper use of services or equipment
- Scheduling technician visits
- Questions about accounting and billing issues
- Making payment plans
Best Practices for Calling CenturyLink Customer Service
To help ensure a productive conversation with CenturyLink customer service representatives, check out these tips:
- Check to make sure you are calling the correct number for the service that you are requesting. CenturyLink has different numbers for various departments, so check the website or your latest bill for what number to call.
- Have your account number, as well as any correspondence or bills related to your inquiry, in front of you. Nothing is more frustrating (for you or the representative, than finally beginning a conversation only to have to search for documents that you don't have handy.
- If you are requesting technical support for your Internet, phone or DirectTV, keep in mind that the representative will likely ask to perform remote diagnostic testing. This will be easier if you are in the same room as the device or your computer. If you are calling about broadband service from a mobile phone, and your phone is currently connected to your WiFi, switch off the WiFi.
- Keep pen and paper handy so that you can take notes during your call. This can be helpful if you need to record confirmation numbers and can be particularly useful if you need to escalate your case.
How Do People Feel About Their Calls to CenturyLink Customer Support?
Reports on CenturyLink customer service is mixed. Some customers are very pleased with the service that they've received while others have complaints. Areas of dissatisfaction often involve inconsistent information provided by customer service representatives, as well as a failure to follow-through on promises made.
Notable Media Reports
In one reported case, a long-standing customer entered into a payment arrangement with CenturyLink as a way of paying off a past due balance. Despite this agreement and an explanation that his first payment would take a few days to arrive, CenturyLink disconnected his service anyway, demanding a deposit before reconnection. Eventually, the situation was resolved, but not until the story was reported on by a local journalist.
What Kind of Issues can CenturyLink Customer Support Resolve?
Customer service representatives for CenturyLink can resolve a range of issues over the phone, including enrolling you into a new service as well as transferring, changing and canceling service.
In addition, a representative can perform some diagnostics on your service and equipment. The representative may also be able to teach you how to use your equipment and get the most out of your broadband, phone and DirectTV services.
What can't Be Resolved by Phone with CenturyLink?
If your situation can only be resolved by replacing or repairing equipment, you will need to either schedule a technician appointment or make arrangements to swap out devices at a CenturyLink location.
If you want to pay your bill in cash, you will need to visit an authorized payment center. Be sure to bring your latest CenturyLink bill with you so as to ensure that your payment is properly credited to your account.
What can I do if I am Unhappy With my Call to CenturyLink?
If your first call to CenturyLink doesn't resolve your issue, don't give up. There are still things you can do:
- If you haven't already done so, write down what happened during your call. Having this information in writing can make it easier for you to describe what happened to other CenturyLink agents.
- Call back. You may have had a bad experience with one representative, but the next person you speak to may have the training and ability to help.
- Use CenturyLink's live chat option to communicate with a representative. A variation on this is getting in touch via CenturyLink's social media accounts. Either option provides you with a transcript of your conversation, something that can be very useful if you have to pursue the matter further.
Customer Number 888-218-0467 - by the Numbers
Numéro de téléphone à composer888-218-0467
Appel intercepté par une personne réelleOUI
Département que vous appelezService Clients
Heures d'ouverture du centre d'appelsMon-Fri 8am-1am, Sat 8am-10pm, Sun 8am-10pm EST
Meilleur moment pour composer9h30
Naviguer dans un labyrinthe téléphonique vers un être humainAppuyez sur 1 pour commander le service, appuyez sur 2 pour le service client
Classement (parmi les numéros de téléphone)1
Méthodes alternativestéléphone, chat, web
Qualité de la communication89%
Qualité de l'aide72%
Votes des clients3,816
Dernière mise à jour des informationsFri Feb 19 2021 09:00:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
CenturyLink's Best Toll-Free/800 Customer Phone Number
Il s'agit du meilleur numéro de téléphone de CenturyLink, de l'attente actuelle en temps réel et des outils permettant de passer directement à travers ces lignes téléphoniques pour accéder directement à un CenturyLink agent. Ce numéro de téléphone est le meilleur numéro de téléphone de CenturyLink car 39,744 des clients comme vous ont utilisé ces coordonnées au cours des 18 derniers mois et nous ont fait part de leurs commentaires. Les problèmes courants traités par l'unité de service client qui répond aux appels au 888-218-0467 incluent Lower My Bill, Setup Service, Technical Support, Transfer Service, Cancel Service et d'autres problèmes de service client. Le CenturyLink centre d'appels auquel vous appelez a des employés de Louisiana, Idaho, Washington, Nebraska et est ouvert Mon-Fri 8am-1am, Sat 8am-10pm, Sun 8am-10pm EST selon les clients. Au total, CenturyLink possède 5 numéros de téléphone. La meilleure façon de parler aux CenturyLink représentants n'est pas toujours claire. Nous avons donc commencé à compiler ces informations à partir des suggestions de la communauté des clients. Continuez à partager vos expériences afin que nous puissions continuer à améliorer cette ressource gratuite.
Contacting CenturyLink - by phone or otherwise
Bien que 888-218-0467 soit le meilleur numéro sans frais de CenturyLink, il existe 7 moyens de les contacter. Selon d'autres CenturyLink clients, la meilleure façon de parler à leur équipe de support client est d'appeler le 800-366-8201 numéro de téléphone de leur Service Clients service. En plus d'appeler, la prochaine option préférée pour les clients à la recherche d'aide est via 800-366-8201 pour Service Clients. Si vous pensez que ces informations sont inexactes ou si vous connaissez d'autres moyens de contacter CenturyLink, veuillez nous en informer afin que nous puissions les partager avec d'autres clients. And you can click here if you want to compare all the contact information we've gathered for CenturyLink.
What is GetHuman's Relationship to CenturyLink?
In short, the two companies are not related. GetHuman builds free tools and shares information amongst customers of companies like CenturyLink. For large companies that includes tools such as our GetHuman Phone, which allows you to call a company but skip the part where you wait on the line listening to their call technology music. If you look at our FedEx Phone Number page, you can see an example of those free calling mechanisms and tips shared by other customers. Or take a look at the AirBnB Phone Number page. We've created these shortcuts and apps to try to help customers like you (and ourselves!) navigate the messy phone menus, hold times, and confusion with customer service, especially with larger companies like FedEx or AirBnB. And as long as you keep sharing it with your friends and loved ones, we'll keep doing it.