Ancestry.com Phone Number
Call Ancestry.com customer service faster with GetHuman
Current Wait: 25 min (10m avg)
Hours: 24 hours, 7 days; best time to call: 8:15am
Get targeted help: Tell us the issue so we get you to right rep, offer relevant tips, reminders & follow-up!
Get to a live person fastest: Appuyez sur 3 puis 4
If you find yourself lost or frustrated, we partner with a California-based expert help company to provide you with tech support 24/7. Enjoy a $1 one-week trial membership and get help from a live expert now. Click to learn more.
Reasons customers like you called recently
I used my account the first week intensively and then forgot all about it and moved on...
MY HUSBAND'S ACCOUNT DOES NOT RECOGNIZE MY SUBSCRIPTION TO ANCESTRY. HE HAS TO LOG INT...
I was requested by my maybe Biological father for dna test if there was a match would...
I have yet to receive my kit ! And it has been like two weeks! I would like to know why
Cancellation of service and in authorized payments
I don't Want to be on auto pay any longer. Your rates keep going up and I don't think...
Find-a-grave is refusing to transfer my family memorials to me, after more than a month...
I placed an order this evening for Scarlet Stone : * kit and want to add a second kit...
A friend of mine purchased * DNA kits from you in April*May of **** and I bought one*fr...
I have a ancestry account but also purchased access membership was informed to call ya...
I have a ancestry account but also purchased access membership said to call for help an...
I have already a ancestry account but signed up for the access membership when I got co...
I haven't ancestry account and when I was gifted the membership it says I need to talk...
I have canceled my membership two weeks ago and you guys still took the ** dollars out...
trying to link spouse's DNA to our treeSee more recent reasons for calling
Help me with my issue
Our Editor's Notes on Ancestry.com's Phone-Based Customer Care
Ancestry.com is an online genealogy company that offers genealogical records as well as direct-to-consumer DNA testing through its subsidiary, AncestryDNA. With over three million subscribers, it isn't surprising that Ancestry.com gets a lot of customer service calls every day.
Why Do People Call Ancestry.com Customer Support?
People call Ancestry.com customer support for a range of reasons, including:
- Technical support
- Help with using the site
- Assistance with some of Ancestry.com's products and services, such as DNA testing kits and understanding health results.
- Assistance with billing and account issues
- Requests for information about the different services that Ancestry.com provides and whether a particular product or service would be useful in the types of genealogy research that a customer wishes to perform.
Best Practices for Calling Ancestry.com Customer Service
Here are some tips that can help you quickly resolve your concerns via Ancestry.com customer service:
- Before calling Ancestry.com, make sure you are using the correct phone number. Ancestry.com has different numbers for Ancestry.com site use and account information, AncestryDNA and AncestryHealth.
- Make sure you have relevant documentation in front of you before calling. This may include correspondence from Ancestry.com, receipts from the purchase of DNA test kits or other Ancestry.com products and services, confirmation numbers and billing information, such as credit card statements.
- If you are having a problem with the Ancestry.com website, be in front of your computer when calling. This will allow the customer service representative to help you troubleshoot any issues that you might be having.
- Have pen and paper handy so you can take notes during your call.
How do Customers Feel About Their Calls to Ancestry.com?
There are mixed reviews about Ancestry.com's customer service representatives. Many customers report that the representatives are compassionate listeners, particularly when DNA testing reveals surprises about a person's genetic ancestry.
However, there are complaints that Ancestry.com's customer support can be unhelpful when people believe that they are entitled to refunds or are trying to cancel subscriptions. Customers complain about being placed on hold for long periods of time or representatives who refused to issue refunds even when the consumer is displeased with what he or she has received.
What Kind of Issues can Ancestry.com Customer Service Representative Resolve?
An Ancestry.com customer service representative can resolve a range of issues, including changes to and cancelations of subscriptions, the purchase of products and services, troubleshooting and technical support, basic information on how to use the website and web-based services, researching financial transactions and managing billing issues.
What Can't Be Resolved With a Call to Ancestry.com Customer Service?
Because Ancestry.com provides tools that people can use to research their family tree, as well as a DNA testing service that provides information about markers for certain health conditions, customers may become upset and seek advice on these matters from Ancestry.com customer service representatives.
However, Ancestry.com customer service representatives are not genealogists and cannot provide genealogy services. In addition, customer service representatives can't provide health advice or diagnose illnesses based on DNA testing results.
What Should You Do If You Have an Unsuccessful Call with Ancestry.com?
If you hang up the phone after talking with an Ancestry.com customer service representative feeling as if your call didn't go well, don't fret. You still have options for getting an answer to your question or having your issue resolved.
- First, review any notes that you took during your call. If you did not take notes, write down anything significant that took place during your original conversation with Ancestry.com customer support. This information can be helpful when you contact Ancestry.com again.
- Next, call Ancestry.com back. Customer service representatives have different levels of training and experience. The next person you speak to may be better able to understand your concern and provide a resolution.
- If calling Ancestry.com doesn't work, try getting in touch another way. You can send an email through Ancestry.com's website that describes your situation. One advantage to doing this is that you will have a written record of your conversations with Ancestry.com, which can be useful if you have to escalate your case.
- Other ways of connecting with Ancestry.com customer service include social media accounts, as well as Ancestry.com's Member Advice live chat. This is a live chat option that can allow you to speak with an experienced fellow member of Ancestry.com who may be able to help you.
Customer Number 800-262-3787 - by the Numbers
Numéro de téléphone à composer800-262-3787
Appel intercepté par une personne réelleOUI
Département que vous appelezService Clients
Heures d'ouverture du centre d'appels24 heures, 7 jours
Meilleur moment pour composer8 h 15
Naviguer dans un labyrinthe téléphonique vers un être humainAppuyez sur 3 puis 4
Classement (parmi les numéros de téléphone)1
Méthodes alternativestéléphone, email, web
Qualité de la communication83%
Qualité de l'aide84%
Votes des clients2,169
Dernière mise à jour des informationsWed Dec 07 2022 08:00:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
Ancestry.com's Best Toll-Free/800 Customer Phone Number
Il s'agit du meilleur numéro de téléphone de Ancestry.com, de l'attente actuelle en temps réel et des outils permettant de passer directement à travers ces lignes téléphoniques pour accéder directement à un Ancestry.com agent. Ce numéro de téléphone est le meilleur numéro de téléphone de Ancestry.com car 70,380 des clients comme vous ont utilisé ces coordonnées au cours des 18 derniers mois et nous ont fait part de leurs commentaires. Les problèmes courants traités par l'unité de service client qui répond aux appels au 800-262-3787 incluent Cancel Subscription, Missing Test Results, Setup Service, Account Access, Problem With Ancestry DNA et d'autres problèmes de service client. Le Ancestry.com centre d'appels auquel vous appelez a des employés de Utah et est ouvert 24 hours, 7 days selon les clients. Au total, Ancestry.com a 1 numéro de téléphone. La meilleure façon de parler aux Ancestry.com représentants n'est pas toujours claire. Nous avons donc commencé à compiler ces informations à partir des suggestions de la communauté des clients. Continuez à partager vos expériences afin que nous puissions continuer à améliorer cette ressource gratuite.
Contacting Ancestry.com - by phone or otherwise
Bien que 800-262-3787 soit le meilleur numéro sans frais de Ancestry.com, il existe 3 différentes façons de les contacter. La meilleure façon de parler à leur équipe de support client peut simplement être d'informer GetHuman de votre problème et de nous laisser essayer de trouver le meilleur moyen de les contacter ou de trouver de l'aide pour ce problème particulier. Outre les appels, la prochaine option préférée pour les clients qui recherchent de l'aide est via email@example.com pour Customer Service. Si vous pensez que ces informations sont inexactes ou si vous connaissez d'autres moyens de contacter Ancestry.com, veuillez nous en informer afin que nous puissions les partager avec d'autres clients. And you can click here if you want to compare all the contact information we've gathered for Ancestry.com.
What is GetHuman's Relationship to Ancestry.com?
In short, the two companies are not related. GetHuman builds free tools and shares information amongst customers of companies like Ancestry.com. For large companies that includes tools such as our GetHuman Phone, which allows you to call a company but skip the part where you wait on the line listening to their call technology music. We've created these shortcuts and apps to try to help customers like you (and ourselves!) navigate the messy phone menus, hold times, and confusion with customer service, especially with larger companies. And as long as you keep sharing it with your friends and loved ones, we'll keep doing it.