Ancestry.com Phone Number
Calling Ancestry.com customer service faster by GetHuman
Current Wait: 20 min (13m avg)
Hours: 24 hours, 7 days; best time to call: 8:15am
Get targeted help: Tell us the issue so we get you to right rep, offer relevant tips, reminders & follow-up!
Get to a live person fastest: Appuyez sur 3 puis 4
If you find yourself lost or frustrated, we partner with a California-based expert help company to provide you with tech support 24/7. Enjoy a $1 one-week trial membership and get help from a live expert now. Click to learn more.
Reasons customers like you called recently
I want to keep my account current. and I want to make sure that I have autopay established.
Dear Ancestry:*I hate your changes and I wish you take time to consider what your membe...
Being charged over and over never applied for service tried to cancel can't figure it o...
I wss in foster care and I'm looking for my family I can't get my birth certificate bec...
I would like to change my Ancestry Archive account to Discontinue.*I have gotten too fo...
I had an ancestry account many years ago. Now we can not find it.*I think it may have b...
We gave dna kits to several family members and they have all processed. We have all enj...
I cannot remember my username and password. I have * usernames and I am not sure which...
i canceled my ancestry account and requested a refund. i have not received a response...
I ordered a kit back in January for a friend who returned his sample right away around...
I used my married name and not my maiden name when I sent in my dna does it make a diff...
I have been getting charged $**.** a month for the past * months on my PayPal debit car...
Want refund for DNA test that wasn’t able to be processed
You just "improved" the method of reviewing hints, and I am finding it impossible to na...
Refund for canceling subscription I cancelled the service this morning and I need the...See more recent reasons for calling
Help me with my issue
Our Editor's Notes on Ancestry.com's Phone-Based Customer Care
Ancestry.com is an online genealogy company that offers genealogical records as well as direct-to-consumer DNA testing through its subsidiary, AncestryDNA. With over three million subscribers, it isn't surprising that Ancestry.com gets a lot of customer service calls every day.
Why Do People Call Ancestry.com Customer Support?
People call Ancestry.com customer support for a range of reasons, including:
- Technical support
- Help with using the site
- Assistance with some of Ancestry.com's products and services, such as DNA testing kits and understanding health results.
- Assistance with billing and account issues
- Requests for information about the different services that Ancestry.com provides and whether a particular product or service would be useful in the types of genealogy research that a customer wishes to perform.
Best Practices for Calling Ancestry.com Customer Service
Here are some tips that can help you quickly resolve your concerns via Ancestry.com customer service:
- Before calling Ancestry.com, make sure you are using the correct phone number. Ancestry.com has different numbers for Ancestry.com site use and account information, AncestryDNA and AncestryHealth.
- Make sure you have relevant documentation in front of you before calling. This may include correspondence from Ancestry.com, receipts from the purchase of DNA test kits or other Ancestry.com products and services, confirmation numbers and billing information, such as credit card statements.
- If you are having a problem with the Ancestry.com website, be in front of your computer when calling. This will allow the customer service representative to help you troubleshoot any issues that you might be having.
- Have pen and paper handy so you can take notes during your call.
How do Customers Feel About Their Calls to Ancestry.com?
There are mixed reviews about Ancestry.com's customer service representatives. Many customers report that the representatives are compassionate listeners, particularly when DNA testing reveals surprises about a person's genetic ancestry.
However, there are complaints that Ancestry.com's customer support can be unhelpful when people believe that they are entitled to refunds or are trying to cancel subscriptions. Customers complain about being placed on hold for long periods of time or representatives who refused to issue refunds even when the consumer is displeased with what he or she has received.
What Kind of Issues can Ancestry.com Customer Service Representative Resolve?
An Ancestry.com customer service representative can resolve a range of issues, including changes to and cancelations of subscriptions, the purchase of products and services, troubleshooting and technical support, basic information on how to use the website and web-based services, researching financial transactions and managing billing issues.
What Can't Be Resolved With a Call to Ancestry.com Customer Service?
Because Ancestry.com provides tools that people can use to research their family tree, as well as a DNA testing service that provides information about markers for certain health conditions, customers may become upset and seek advice on these matters from Ancestry.com customer service representatives.
However, Ancestry.com customer service representatives are not genealogists and cannot provide genealogy services. In addition, customer service representatives can't provide health advice or diagnose illnesses based on DNA testing results.
What Should You Do If You Have an Unsuccessful Call with Ancestry.com?
If you hang up the phone after talking with an Ancestry.com customer service representative feeling as if your call didn't go well, don't fret. You still have options for getting an answer to your question or having your issue resolved.
- First, review any notes that you took during your call. If you did not take notes, write down anything significant that took place during your original conversation with Ancestry.com customer support. This information can be helpful when you contact Ancestry.com again.
- Next, call Ancestry.com back. Customer service representatives have different levels of training and experience. The next person you speak to may be better able to understand your concern and provide a resolution.
- If calling Ancestry.com doesn't work, try getting in touch another way. You can send an email through Ancestry.com's website that describes your situation. One advantage to doing this is that you will have a written record of your conversations with Ancestry.com, which can be useful if you have to escalate your case.
- Other ways of connecting with Ancestry.com customer service include social media accounts, as well as Ancestry.com's Member Advice live chat. This is a live chat option that can allow you to speak with an experienced fellow member of Ancestry.com who may be able to help you.
Customer Number 800-262-3787 - by the Numbers
Numéro de téléphone à composer800-262-3787
Appel intercepté par une personne réelleOUI
Département que vous appelezService Clients
Heures d'ouverture du centre d'appels24 heures, 7 jours
Meilleur moment pour composer8 h 15
Naviguer dans un labyrinthe téléphonique vers un être humainAppuyez sur 3 puis 4
Classement (parmi les numéros de téléphone)1
Méthodes alternativestéléphone, email, web
Qualité de la communication53%
Qualité de l'aide54%
Votes des clients2,139
Dernière mise à jour des informationsWed Apr 14 2021 08:00:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
Ancestry.com's Best Toll-Free/800 Customer Phone Number
Il s'agit du meilleur numéro de téléphone de Ancestry.com, de l'attente actuelle en temps réel et des outils permettant de passer directement à travers ces lignes téléphoniques pour accéder directement à un Ancestry.com agent. Ce numéro de téléphone est le meilleur numéro de téléphone de Ancestry.com car 70,380 des clients comme vous ont utilisé ces coordonnées au cours des 18 derniers mois et nous ont fait part de leurs commentaires. Les problèmes courants traités par l'unité de service client qui répond aux appels au 800-262-3787 incluent Cancel Subscription, Account Access, Missing Test Results, Problem With Ancestry DNA, Setup Service et d'autres problèmes de service client. Le Ancestry.com centre d'appels auquel vous appelez a des employés de Utah et est ouvert 24 hours, 7 days selon les clients. Au total, Ancestry.com a 1 numéro de téléphone. La meilleure façon de parler aux Ancestry.com représentants n'est pas toujours claire. Nous avons donc commencé à compiler ces informations à partir des suggestions de la communauté des clients. Continuez à partager vos expériences afin que nous puissions continuer à améliorer cette ressource gratuite.
Contacting Ancestry.com - by phone or otherwise
Bien que 800-262-3787 soit le meilleur numéro sans frais de Ancestry.com, il existe 3 moyens de les contacter. Selon d'autres Ancestry.com clients, la meilleure façon de parler à leur équipe de support client consiste à informer GetHuman de votre problème ci-dessus et à nous laisser trouver quelqu'un pour vous aider. En plus d'appeler, la prochaine option préférée des clients à la recherche d'aide est via email@example.com pour Customer Service. Si vous pensez que ces informations sont inexactes ou si vous connaissez d'autres moyens de contacter Ancestry.com, veuillez nous en informer afin que nous puissions les partager avec d'autres clients. And you can click here if you want to compare all the contact information we've gathered for Ancestry.com.
What is GetHuman's Relationship to Ancestry.com?
In short, the two companies are not related. GetHuman builds free tools and shares information amongst customers of companies like Ancestry.com. For large companies that includes tools such as our GetHuman Phone, which allows you to call a company but skip the part where you wait on the line listening to their call technology music. We've created these shortcuts and apps to try to help customers like you (and ourselves!) navigate the messy phone menus, hold times, and confusion with customer service, especially with larger companies. And as long as you keep sharing it with your friends and loved ones, we'll keep doing it.