Amtrak Phone Number
Call Amtrak customer service faster with GetHuman
Current Wait: 25 min (6m avg)
Hours: 24 hours, 7 days; best time to call: 9:15am
Get targeted help: Tell us the issue so we get you to right rep, offer relevant tips, reminders & follow-up!
Get to a live person fastest: Écoutez simplement le message, puis attendez.
Reasons customers like you called recently
are there free refunds
I got a phone call the train for my reservation **af*e has been cancelled and to call f...
I need someone human to talk to, I am computer illiterate and I can’t understand how to...
Question on the ticket I have purchased
I want to reschedule a trip,
I’m want to take a Amtrak train and I want to know how I can check a firearm
I want to purchase a ticket for today from DLK MN to St Paul Minneapolis union depot
Info on traveling to san antonio, tx from southern pines,nc
Trying to get phone number to inquire about remote customer service position in barre v...
Reservation Number - *****D**When I upgraded this reservation from Coach to Business Cl...
All I need is * tickets for * adults going from Yonkers to Saratoga on Wednesday the...
Lost brand new Amtrak Card. However I need to get * tickets ,for adults, from Yonkes to...
No one sent us a confirmation email.This after talking to * service representatives
I have my tickets in my cart on my laptop but when I click Balance Due it doesn’t lead...
I need to change a ticketSee more recent reasons for calling
Help me with my issue
Our Editor's Notes on Amtrak's Phone-Based Customer Care
Amtrak is a national rail service that operates throughout the United States and several parts of Canada. With over 300 trains running each day, it isn't surprising that Amtrak gets a lot of customer service calls.
Why Do People Call Amtrak Customer Support?
People call Amtrak customer support for a range of reasons including:
- Checking on train schedules
- Booking tickets and travel packages
- Providing requests for special services and accommodations
- Filing lost and found reports
- Filing complaints about Amtrak service
- Questions regarding Amtrak Guest rewards loyalty program
- Technical support with the Amtrak website
- Canceling or changing tickets
- Reserving a seat to be paid for later (this option is only available for some tickets, ask the Amtrak agent if it can apply to your desired ticket)
Best Practices for Calling Amtrak Customer Service
There are several things that you can do to help make your call to Amtrak customer service go more smoothly:
- Make sure that you have the correct number for the department you need to speak to. For example, Amtrak has separate numbers for domestic and international calls, scheduling group travel, booking vacation packages, reporting accessibility issues or contacting the Amtrak police department.
- Before you call Amtrak, assemble any relevant documentation so that you have it handy during your call. Documentation might include confirmation numbers, cancellation numbers, descriptions of travel packages, current schedules as well as any correspondence between yourself and Amtrak.
- If you are calling because you are having difficulty with the Amtrak website, make sure that you have access to a computer during your call so that you and the customer service representative can troubleshoot the issue together.
- Have pen and paper handy so you can take notes during your conversation.
How do Consumers Feel About Calling Amtrak Customer Service?
Some Amtrak passengers are very satisfied with the level of service that they have received from Amtrak customer service over the years. Still, others are less impressed, complaining that customer service agents are not always helpful. Being prepared before calling Amtrak is one way of helping to ensure that the call is successful.
What Kind of Issues can Amtrak Customer Service Representative Resolve?
Amtrak customer service can resolve a range of issues over the phone, including purchasing, changing and canceling tickets. Other issues include questions about schedules, delays and other issues with trips that are already in progress.
Many people don't realize that Amtrak sells vacation packages and a customer service representative may be able to assist in booking these packages. Another concern of many is group travel, when a club, school or family ops to travel together. Amtrak has dedicated phone lines for both group travel as well as package vacations, where specialists are able to assist in these more complex travel plans.
What Can't Be Resolved With a Call to Amtrak Customer Service?
While most issues that affect Amtrak passengers and trains can be resolved over the phone, there may be some instances in which a phone representative will not be able to resolve an issue completely.
One example of this is putting your Amtrak reservation "on hold." If you prefer to pay for your ticket with cash, or don't feel comfortable making a payment online or over the phone using your debit or credit card, you may be able to reserve a ticket and then pay for it later at the station. However, this option is not available for all fares. Your customer service representative can help you find a fare that is eligible for this payment option.
What Should You Do If You Have an Unsuccessful Call with Amtrak?
If you hang up the phone after talking with an Amtrak customer service representative and feel that your situation was not understood or that your problem is not yet resolved, don't fret. You still have a few options:
- In many cases, you will be able to take care of your issue by calling Amtrak back. Different customer service agents have different levels of training and experience. You might be able to connect with a better customer service representative on your next call and he or she will be able to resolve your case.
- Before calling, however, it's a good idea to review any notes that you took during your first call. Doing so will make it easier to explain your situation during your next call.
- If a second call to Amtrak doesn't work, try emailing Amtrak through its online form. This method has the advantage of providing you with a paper trail that can be of assistance if you need to escalate your case.
- Another option is to go to an Amtrack station and ask to speak to a manager there. He or she may be willing to look into your situation and put you in touch with people at Amtrak who are able to help.
Customer Number 877-444-4773 - by the Numbers
Numéro de téléphone à composer877-444-4773
Appel intercepté par une personne réelleOUI
Département que vous appelezService Clients
Heures d'ouverture du centre d'appels24 heures, 7 jours
Meilleur moment pour composer9 h 15
Naviguer dans un labyrinthe téléphonique vers un être humainÉcoutez simplement le message, puis attendez.
Classement (parmi les numéros de téléphone)1
Méthodes alternativestéléphone, email, web, twitter
Qualité de la communication67%
Qualité de l'aide86%
Votes des clients3,898
Dernière mise à jour des informationsMon Oct 11 2021 10:00:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
Amtrak's Best Toll-Free/800 Customer Phone Number
Il s'agit du meilleur numéro de téléphone de Amtrak, de l'attente actuelle en temps réel et des outils permettant de passer directement à travers ces lignes téléphoniques pour accéder directement à un Amtrak agent. Ce numéro de téléphone est le meilleur numéro de téléphone de Amtrak car 137,892 des clients comme vous ont utilisé ces coordonnées au cours des 18 derniers mois et nous ont fait part de leurs commentaires. Les problèmes courants traités par l'unité de service client qui répond aux appels au 877-444-4773 incluent Refund, Make a Booking, Missing Items, Cancel or Change Booking, Problem With a Trip et d'autres problèmes de service client. Le Amtrak centre d'appels auquel vous appelez a des employés de Pennsylvania et est ouvert 24 hours, 7 days selon les clients. Au total, Amtrak possède 4 numéros de téléphone. La meilleure façon de parler aux Amtrak représentants n'est pas toujours claire. Nous avons donc commencé à compiler ces informations à partir des suggestions de la communauté des clients. Continuez à partager vos expériences afin que nous puissions continuer à améliorer cette ressource gratuite.
Contacting Amtrak - by phone or otherwise
Bien que 877-444-4773 soit le meilleur numéro sans frais de Amtrak, il existe 8 différentes façons de les contacter. Selon d'autres clients Amtrak, la meilleure façon de parler à leur équipe d'assistance client consiste à appeler leur 800-872-7245 numéro de téléphone Achat. Outre les appels, la prochaine option préférée des clients qui recherchent de l'aide est via 800-872-7245 pour Achat. Si vous pensez que ces informations sont inexactes ou si vous connaissez d'autres moyens de contacter Amtrak, veuillez nous en informer afin que nous puissions les partager avec d'autres clients. And you can click here if you want to compare all the contact information we've gathered for Amtrak.
What is GetHuman's Relationship to Amtrak?
In short, the two companies are not related. GetHuman builds free tools and shares information amongst customers of companies like Amtrak. For large companies that includes tools such as our GetHuman Phone, which allows you to call a company but skip the part where you wait on the line listening to their call technology music. We've created these shortcuts and apps to try to help customers like you (and ourselves!) navigate the messy phone menus, hold times, and confusion with customer service, especially with larger companies. And as long as you keep sharing it with your friends and loved ones, we'll keep doing it.