General Motors Phone Number
Calling General Motors customer service faster by GetHuman
Current Wait: 24 min (9m avg)
Hours: Mon-Thu 7am-8pm, Fri 7am-7pm, Sat 7am-4pm CST; best time to call: 8:15am
Get targeted help: Tell us the issue so we get you to right rep, offer relevant tips, reminders & follow-up!
Get to a live person fastest: Appuyez sur 0 à chaque invite, en ignorant les messages.
If you find yourself lost or frustrated, we partner with a California-based expert help company to provide you with tech support 24/7. Enjoy a $1 one-week trial membership and get help from a live expert now. Click to learn more.
Reasons customers like you called recently
I have not received my W* forms from the company. I have moved and have checked with th...
I have a **** Saturn Aura I bleed the power steering is gone out and it is electronic I...
Brought vehicle in twice already for low battery, was told the battery cells were dead...
I have a camaro from ****. I wanted to check the VIN and make sure it was working, but...
My dad just passed away, he bought * shares of stock. His do i sell them
Trying to get a discount for a car and it won't let me get through to the Questions and...
**** gmc canyon elevation.compressor noise coming through vents very loud.
Looking for a telephone number as my Mother lost her W* she needs to file her taxes
I want GMA to buy back my truck I had nothing but problem after problem
How Much would rhe wifi cost for my **** Lacrosse
I have a lot a problems with my truck. It's been months that I've been calling and file...
I was purchasing a vehicle online. I was given a price and went through the process...
I brought a **** Chevrolet Camaro in for service after a check engine light came on. Ve...
Brought a **** Camaro in for a Check Engine Light. Vehicle was rough idling very hard...
Head lights keep blowing out on **** Chevrolet ImpalaSee more recent reasons for calling
Help me with my issue
Our Editor's Notes on General Motors's Phone-Based Customer Care
General Motors, also known as GM, is a major US automobile manufacturer that sells its vehicles internationally. As one of the largest companies in the United States, it isn't surprising that General Motors gets many calls to its customer service department each and every day.
Why Do People Call General Motors Customer Support?
Customers call General Motors customer support for a range of reasons, including:
- Information about buying a new vehicle
- Technical support for using a General Motors website
- Questions about a vehicle currently owned by the customer
- Help with financing or current credit accounts
Best Practices for Calling General Motors Customer Service
There are several things that you can do to help ensure that your call to General Motors customer service is handled quickly and professionally:
- As is true for many large companies, General Motors has many divisions, each with its own customer service department. Visit the General Motors' "Contact Us" page and look up your vehicle by name. From there, you'll be able to find a selection of phone numbers. Choose the one that best suits your question.
- Have all relevant documentation handy when calling. Documentation might include purchase contracts, warranties and invoices, along with billing statements. You should also have handy any communications between you, GM and your dealership.
- If you are seeing technical support in using General Motors' website, be in front of your computer or have a device handy so that you can troubleshoot along with the customer service agent.
- Have some way of taking notes during your call.
How do Consumers Feel About Calling General Motors Customer Service?
There appears to be a fair level of satisfaction with General Motors' phone-based customer service. There are few, if any, major complaints online about the level of service received.
What Kind of Issues can General Motors Customer Service Representative Resolve?
General Motors can resolve a range of issues, including answering questions about vehicles, referring you to authorized dealers, addressing technical support issues when using online services and investigating queries about billing and financing.
What Can't Be Resolved With a Call to General Motors Customer Service?
While GM's customer service agents may be able to offer advice on using your vehicle's features, telephone staff can't perform repairs for you and will have to refer you for assistance in keeping with your warranty.
If you are having a conflict with your dealership, a General Motors customer service representative may be able to take a report, but it is unlikely that he or she can referee an ongoing dispute.
What Should You Do If You Have an Unsuccessful Call with General Motors?
If you get off the phone with General Motors customer service and feel as though your issues were not resolved, don't fret. You may still have options.
- First, review the notes that you took during your call. Doing this could help you identify areas of miscommunication that led to the failure of your first conversation.
- Next, call GM customer service back. Keep in mind that customer service representatives have different levels of experience and training. The next General Motors customer service agent that you speak to may be better able to understand your questions and resolve your concerns.
- If a second call to General Motors customer support doesn't resolve your problem, try a different way of getting in touch. GM customer service contact options vary by brand, but in some cases, you can use live chat to connect with a customer service representative. Another option is to write a letter via postal mail.
- Another alternative to dealing with GM customer service directly is to contact your dealership. The dealership manager may be willing to advocate for you.
Customer Number 800-462-8782 - by the Numbers
Numéro de téléphone à composer800-462-8782
Appel intercepté par une personne réelleOUI
Département que vous appelezService Clients
Heures d'ouverture du centre d'appelsLun-jeu 7 h-20 h, ven 7 h-19 h, sam 7 h-16 h CST
Meilleur moment pour composer8 h 15
Naviguer dans un labyrinthe téléphonique vers un être humainAppuyez sur 0 à chaque invite, en ignorant les messages.
Classement (parmi les numéros de téléphone)1
Méthodes alternativestéléphone, web, chat
Qualité de la communication85%
Qualité de l'aide66%
Votes des clients4,430
Dernière mise à jour des informationsMon Feb 22 2021 08:00:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
General Motors's Best Toll-Free/800 Customer Phone Number
Il s'agit du meilleur numéro de téléphone de General Motors, de l'attente actuelle en temps réel et des outils permettant de passer directement à travers ces lignes téléphoniques pour accéder directement à un General Motors agent. Ce numéro de téléphone est le meilleur numéro de téléphone de General Motors car 35,052 des clients comme vous ont utilisé ces coordonnées au cours des 18 derniers mois et nous ont fait part de leurs commentaires. Les problèmes courants traités par l'unité de service client qui répond aux appels au 800-462-8782 incluent Where to buy, Complaint, Repairs, Returns et d'autres problèmes de service client. Le General Motors centre d'appels auquel vous appelez a des employés de Michigan et est ouvert Mon-Thu 7am-8pm, Fri 7am-7pm, Sat 7am-4pm CST selon les clients. Au total, General Motors a 1 numéro de téléphone. La meilleure façon de parler aux General Motors représentants n'est pas toujours claire. Nous avons donc commencé à compiler ces informations à partir des suggestions de la communauté des clients. Continuez à partager vos expériences afin que nous puissions continuer à améliorer cette ressource gratuite.
Contacting General Motors - by phone or otherwise
Bien que 800-462-8782 soit le meilleur numéro sans frais de General Motors, il existe 3 moyens de les contacter. Selon d'autres General Motors clients, la meilleure façon de parler à leur équipe de support client consiste à informer GetHuman de votre problème ci-dessus et à nous laisser trouver quelqu'un pour vous aider. En plus d'appeler, la prochaine option préférée des clients à la recherche d'aide est via Online Help pour Customer Service. Si vous pensez que ces informations sont inexactes ou si vous connaissez d'autres moyens de contacter General Motors, veuillez nous en informer afin que nous puissions les partager avec d'autres clients. And you can click here if you want to compare all the contact information we've gathered for General Motors.
What is GetHuman's Relationship to General Motors?
In short, the two companies are not related. GetHuman builds free tools and shares information amongst customers of companies like General Motors. For large companies that includes tools such as our GetHuman Phone, which allows you to call a company but skip the part where you wait on the line listening to their call technology music. We've created these shortcuts and apps to try to help customers like you (and ourselves!) navigate the messy phone menus, hold times, and confusion with customer service, especially with larger companies. And as long as you keep sharing it with your friends and loved ones, we'll keep doing it.